Preparation for disinfection and cleaning.
Tools should be disinfected and cleaned as soon as possible after use. Collapsible cleaning tools must be disassembled. Contamination should not dry out on surfaces to avoid additional complications of disinfection and cleaning.
Cleaning: (machine cleaning recommended)
Soak the tools immediately or no later than 2 hours after application and remove visible dirt with a soft brush. The cavities must be flushed additionally (for example, using a flushing gun). Use the appropriate combination of detergent and disinfectant solutions. Then rinse the instruments quickly with clean water.
Tools with an internal channel must be rinsed inside when machine cleaning.
1. Pre-flushing. Cold water without additives to remove coarse dirt and foaming agents.
2. Cleaning. Clean at 55 ° C ± 2 ° C for at least 5 minutes
If there is an increased concentration of chlorides in the water, pitting corrosion and stress corrosion cracking may occur on the instrumentation. Thanks to the use of alkaline detergents or completely demineralized water, the occurrence of such types of corrosion can be minimized.
3. Neutralization. Thanks to the addition of acid-based neutralizing agents, it is easier to rinse away detergent residues. When using neutral cleaners with a low water quality, for example, with a high salt content, it is also recommended to use a neutralizer to prevent the formation of plaque.
4. Flushing. Deionized water without additives
5. Thermal disinfection / final flushing. Perform thermal disinfection at 92 ° C ± 2 ° C for at least 5 minutes. (A0 value> 3000).
6. Drying. Ensure sufficient drying with a washing and disinfecting apparatus or other appropriate measures. Dry at 55-60 ° C for approx. 30 minutes. If residual moisture is present, additional drying can be done in an oven at 60 ° C. However, the drying time depends on the load and the type of washed material.
Sterilizers: Steam autoclave with fractional pre-vacuum, temperature: 134 ° Celsius, with a holding time of at least> - a maximum of 20 minutes, followed by drying. At least three pre-vacuum cycles.
Sterilization of instruments. Sterilization accessories, such as packaging for storage, must be compatible with instruments and sterilization methods. In order to avoid damage (cracks in the joints due to internal stresses, loosening of the clamp) of tools with clamps due to the presence of tension during heating and cooling, these tools must only be closed to the first locking position.
Tools should be stored in a clean, dry place, piece by piece, in the original packaging or protective container, containers with separate cells. Protect areas such as points, blades with special tubes, protective caps, gauze or cloth. Especially make sure that there are no chemicals in the immediate vicinity of the storage area.